This page is about other mods that interact with Fiend Folio: Reheated.
Fiend Folio requires Stage API to work properly! Make sure you have it installed as well!
If you've enjoyed Fiend Folio, you'll be happy to hear we've worked hard to add compatibility with other mods! The following mods have special features accessible by having both Fiend Folio and themself enabled:
The following mods have special interactions or features that ensure both mods work well with each other:
- Abyss++: Fiend Folio has Abyss locust sprites inspired by this mod, so this mod can give vanilla items the same look.
- Main article: Abyss Locusts
- Improved & Reworked Foes: Some Fiend Folio enemies have their behavior modified to match their Improved & Reworked Foes counterparts.
- Danglers gain the new coin-stealing mechanic of Hangers.
- Seducers gain the ability to heal by damaging the player.
- Kidney of Infamy has been reworked to behave more like the reworked non-champion version of the boss.
- Hostlets can turn into Red Hostlets if the "host skull cracking" option is enabled.
- Reworked Foes + Fiend Folio Champion Compatibility should be installed when using Improved & Reworked Foes and Fiend Folio together.
- Champatibility must be installed instead if Improved & Reworked Foes, Fiend Folio, AND Repentance Boss Champions are all enabled.
- Repentance Plus: Repentance Plus' custom heart pickups will work with Fiend Folio's Custom Health API.
- As the Repentance Plus mod adds their own version of the King/Queen/Jack playing cards, Fiend Folio's can be disabled in the Dead Sea Scrolls menu to avoid confusion.
- Outside wiki page: Repentance Plus Wiki
- Immortal Hearts: Immortal Heart pickups will also work with Fiend Folio's Custom Health API.
- Andromeda: Andromeda adds a new item pool and transformation that Fiend Folio's items in contribute to.
- Epiphany: Fiend Folio's pickups have compatibility with Tarnished Keeper's mechanics.
- Outside wiki page: Epiphany Wiki
- Giant Props: The team behind Giant Props have released a sister mod that adds rooms with both Giant Props's and Fiend Folio's features.
- Encyclopedia: Fiend Folio's entries for External Item Descriptions are auto-generated into Encyclopedia pages.
- Ugh for Bad Items: Fiend and Golem will have unique expressions when reacting to items of low quality.
- Pog for Good Items: Fiend and Golem will have unique expressions when reacting to items of high quality.
- Excelsior: The number of rockets fired by Excelsior is boosted when this mod is enabled.
- Alt Horsemen: The new alt horsemen bosses will use the 'New Age Nevermore' track while this mod is enabled with Fiend Folio.
- Actual Pandora's Box!: Blue colored items in Fiend Folio can be spawned via the reworked item pool that this mod gives to Pandora's Box.
- REROLL YOUR SOUNDTRACK: Unique music composed by Pittsbourne will play to replace the music Fiend Folio adds, such as in crawlspaces or when fighting one of Fiend Folio's bosses.
- The Twitching of Isaac: Interactive commands added to support Fiend Folio's items and enemies.
- Rune Rooms: With Fiend Folio enabled, rocks and obstacles in Rune Rooms will have a unique appearance to match the unique rocks found within most other rooms and floors.
- THE FUTURE:
- Crabby's Cretins: Mini-bosses encountered in chapter 5 have a 50/50 chance of being from either mod.
- Ghost Pepper Rework!: Fiend Folio's enemies have unique interactions with the reworked Ghost Pepper.
Certain mods can cause issues with Fiend Folio when used in conjunction, and therefore should be met with caution. The following lists will be updated sporadically.
Custom Health API
The following mods do not currently work with Custom Health API, a vital feature of Fiend Folio: Reheated, and may trigger a warning message to appear in-game. You should disable these mods when playing Fiend Folio:
The following mods do not currently work with Fiend Folio: Reheated in one way or another. You should disable these mods while playing lest you encounter major issues:
- Genesis+ Septic Shock: The Reheated update will not work with Septic Shock, as the latter has not been ported to Repentance — however, it is still compatible in the Afterbirth+ version of Fiend Folio, even having added their own special reskinned enemies to appear in the Septic which have still been left over in Reheated.
- Main article: Septic Enemies
The following mods have noteworthy bugs but otherwise work fine. You should decide for yourself whether these issues are important enough to disable the mod in question:
- More Dr. Fetus Synergies: This mod messes with the functionality of Angelic Lyre if the player has Dr. Fetus.
Fiend Folio has "consumed" a few smaller mods into itself! This means that if you have those mods AND Fiend Folio enabled, you should consider disabling said mods to avoid weird bugs, or redundancy such as duplicate items in the game:
- Luncheon — Luncheon
- Gutso the Great — Gutso the Great
- Guwah Greatures — (Only includes some enemies)
- Morbus (Unreleased) — Ex-Morbus Content
- Flooded Caves Overhaul (Unreleased) — Ex-Flooded Caves Overhaul Content
- Happy Items Pack — Ex-Happy Items Pack Content
- Greg the Egg (Steam Reupload) — Greg The Egg
- Orange Boom Fly — Familiar Fly
- Hug Beggar (Unlisted) — Hug Beggar)
- Recycler — Shredder
- Pet Rock — Hector
- The Whispers (Unlisted) — The Whispers
- Model Rocket — Model Rocket
- Gehenna Visual Tweaks — (Only includes some changes)